Saturday 3 October 2015

How to SaturYAY: Eyeliner application (1: Basic liner) **PIC HEAVY**

Morning Guys and Dolls!
A simple liner look, to begin with. 

It's been a wee while since I did a pictorial (or indeed any post at all) and one of the most common requests I have is around eye make-up. Given the quantity of eye make-up I tend to wear I thought I'd split this into two series - the first eyeliner and then eye shadow. I decided to do liner first because, with the addition of just some red lippy that's much more of a standalone look than shadow alone, so for the next three posts we'll learn a different liner look, perhaps with some shadow inspiration thrown in when the mood strikes!

I'm going to cover three basic looks, which with some Googling you will easily be able to deviate from to cover off lots of different variations.

1. Basic / suits all

Here I've aimed to apply the liner in a way which will open up your eyes and provide definition to both top and bottom lashes. You can play with where you bring the liner to depending on your own eye shape / preferences.

First off, I've used a sharpened kohl pencil to apply a fine line at the base of the upper lashes. I've started at the middle of the lid, applying to the outer corner.

Step 1: line from the middle of the eye to the outer corner (or slightly beyond
if you prefer - I do!)
I have then applied a fine line from the middle in slightly towards the tear duct - lining approximately two thirds of the upper lash line in total.

Step 2: extending the line inwards slightly. Usually to the point above where your
iris ends, if in doubt). 
I have then re-traced the line from the middle of the lid to the outer corner, lifting very slightly at the outer edge to bring the line up towards the end of my brow. This has an uplifting and opening effect, but isn't a winged liner look (yet).

Step 3: re-draw where you want more definition / to even up. 
I have then applied a thin line on the outer third of the lower lashline - joining this with the liner at the upper lashline. If you have smaller eyes take care not to apply the lower line too far, as this could close the eye.

Step 4: joining the bottom and upper lash lines with a little more black. And
apparently an extraordinarily large hand...
To aid the eye opening effect, apply a little highlighter to the inner v of the eye, some white or nude pencil to the waterline and lashings of mascara. Again, those with smaller eyes may wish to skip lower lash mascara - or just apply to the very outer corner of the lower lashes.

See the first picture, above, for the end result.

Next up will be cat eye-liner, followed by pin-up flick. Make sure to use my tag on instagram to make sure I can see the results of your efforts!!

Til next time kitty kats - love, hugs and lash fluttering kisses

xx Josephine xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...