Friday 9 January 2015

FOTD: Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer (Shade SX 04) **PIC HEAVY**

Morning Sparkles!

Today the blog takes a little twist towards the premium after a while of quite thrifty beauty spends. This is one that I've had my eye on for a little while but before taking the plunge for a foundation of this price I wanted to go to a stockist and get a proper shade match I was happy with in store.


Or more precisely, standing outside the store in the middle of the street twiddling a mirror every which way around my head. All in a day's work for Josephine and all… The nearest stockist to my NI Christmas base was Space NK in Belfast, where the assistant helped me try on several shades.

From online swatches I had thought that my best match was going to be either shade 5 or 6 - which just goes to show that actually you're much better trying something on in real life before shelling out your pennies! Shade 5 was just wrong and Shade 6 would do for nighttime or when tanned (but rarely for myself - fake or natural).



So. the blurb on this product is that it a uniquely versatile complexion corrector - i.e. you can use it as a concealer, spot corrector or all over face colour. At £36 for 15mls it needs to be pretty darn impressive not to mention I better only need to use an ant's sneeze amount to cover my face.

As it is, in order to do a full coverage face look, with extra under the eyes and blended down my neck I didn't even dislodge the little peak on top of the pot. Seriously impressive coverage - although I would note that this isn't going to be something you just slap merrily on for a 5 minute face look.

No skin make-up, no filter - lovely little pimple on chin :)


This stuff covers almost like medical make-up, while somehow managing to retain a "glow" to the finish. I popped a little powder on to set some additional concealer I used to clear up drop down from my eyes and on my T-zone.

Foundation blended out and a little bit of blush added (hint of pink in the
right area, rather than full rosy check action!) No concealer or much additional
attention paid to pimple so you can see the coverage is great.

Minimal settling into the pores where I used fingers and a patting and rolling action to apply. I could imagine you might have issues with this stuff highlighting flakies - not dissimilar to Illamasqua Skin Base foundation, but I found this much less troublesome (as much as I want to worship Skin Base it just doesn't get along with me).

Each little dot is just from finger, other than the first on my forehead which
has more product on there.


The wear is really excellent - easily over 12hrs despite using next to nothing in terms of quantity! I've been using this daily for nine days (for full face) and have barely made a dent in the tub so far!!

After nine days of full face use.


Verdict: £36 is pricey, I recognise that, and not everyone actually wants a full coverage foundation. That being said, those who do (either for daily coverage of skin issues or night time looks only) though I think this is a product which really speaks to Kevyn Aucoin's reputation as one of the greatest make-up artists of all time, understanding how to make his clients feel their best and radiate from the inside out.

Lovely - and come summer I fully expect I'll purchase SX 06 to either mix with 04 or wear on its own if I ever manage to shake the blue tint to my skin! If you can spare the time and money, visit Space NK to try it out and take the plunge if it suits you too.

Til next time kitty kats - love, hugs and very happy sensual skin enhancer kisses

xx Josephine xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...