Monday 26 January 2015

Manicure Monday: Illamasqua Glitteratti

Monday, Monday…

I'm alleviating the January start of week blues with some sparkling burgundy tipped digits. This is one of the two shades that I picked up in my Illamasqua sale haul (see post and look from that here).





Though it's meant to be part of a Christmas pairing with Viridian (red and green, with sparkles and metallics to boot) I think this will be shade which translates well all autumn and winter. The finish is something akin to Raindrops - a semi-transparent jelly polish with holographic glitter suspending within it.



Obviously the colour with Glitteratti is a lot more dramatic than that of Raindrops, so you'll want to make sure that you've got a base coat on underneath.







The picture here shows two coats of colour - with a multipurpose base and top coat used under and over the colour layers. 

Generally, I find the Illamasqua polishes to last relatively well - even on my nails which are ultra prone to chipping - they'll go to the two day mark. This is actually *excellent* on my talon tips although I appreciate that some more fortunate ladies may be aghast and want a week and I you may well get that wear from this polish on your nails. Sadly I'm a 2 - 3 days max gal. Boo!

I really quite like this shade and shall be wearing for a couple of months to come, before the spring sunshine.

Til next time kitty kats - love, hugs and glittery gesticulations!

xx Josephine xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...