Friday 16 January 2015

Jo Malone Cologne Intense: Velvet Rose and Oud

Happy Friday afternoon…

What have you guys and gals gotten planned for the weekend? I can't wait to chill out and catch up with some friends - and I'm sure there'll be a tipple or two thrown in there for good measure!

Before leaving the desk and hitting the bar, I'll be spritzing a little of my newest obsession on - Jo Malone's Cologne Intense in Velvet Rose and Oud.



It's taken me a while to come around to the Jo Malone trend, mostly because I think that the perfumes are very simple so I'd like to layer them with other scents. Leads to a rather pricey smell combination…

Anyhow, I decided to treat myself to a perfume at Christmas. Given that I managed to get it in duty free it was a little less outrageous on the price point. This scent is described as roses, oud with notes of clove and praline. I'm not sure I particularly have a good nose - but I like this one as it smells round, warm and quite grown up. I've definitely tended to move from light scents to fuller, more evening smells over the course of the last couple of years.


This is definitely a treat - and one which I don't spray as liberally as other perfumes I wear - but it lasts beautifully and you still get a whiff of the scent throughout the day as the wind changes for example.

Lovely if you can justify it as a treat for either yourself or others.


Have you tried Jo Malone - or are you a total addict? Can you recommend a scent to layer with this one…I think the amber and patchouli is next on my wish list!

Til next time kitty kats - love, hugs and woody scented kisses.

xx Josephine xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...