Sunday, 9 November 2014

Winter survival kit - Dr PawPaw ointment


Salutations boys and girls, 
I feel like the combination of central heating, air con, wind and rain recently has left my skin a little parched. Not to mention the slathering on of face paints for Halloween type fun. As a result I've had chapped lips and more redness in my cheeks than usual. 

This presented the perfect opportunity to try out the cult product which is Dr PawPaw ointment - there are three colour options available; clear, pink/peach and red. I selected pink/peach. 

I confess I was skeptical, as I've been obsessed with Nuxe Reve de Miel lip balm all year. Particularly because it's a matte balm (great for guys and also those who want to slick lippie on top). 

Lightly applied - more pink than
peach on me. 
Dr PawPaw was bought as part of my recent shopping frenzy on Love Makeup and was around £7 for 25ml which is very good value. As you can see from the photos it's not matte, however I have to say it feels really nice and hydrating on the lips, with a very subtle tint.

I like that it doesn't have a scent like Elizabeth Arden's 8hr cream and imagine if applied to a chapped nose mid-cold (overnight) it wouldn't sting quite like the 8hr cream can. It's may not be quite as intensive on the treatment side through either.

I applied it to my cheeks last night and it gives a nice sheen, but I'd say the colour isn't really visible even on my ghost like complexion - so I wouldn't give up your cream blushers just yet. On wind chapped days I'll use this as a base and tap a little cream blush over the top to add a little more colour while maintaining protection and hydration throughout the day. 

Not one for the chaps or ladies who are wedded to a matte skin look. 

What's your go to winter skin protector? How are you getting along so far this year with the wind/rain v central heating battles?

Til next time kitty kats, love and lollipops,

xx Josephine xx

1 comment:

  1. 6 Reasons to Eat Pemmican (+ DIY Video Guide)

    Patriot...

    American frontiersman didn't have MREs, but they did have Pemmican.

    Pemmican is a portable, long-lasting, high-energy food that was invented by Native Americans. It's made of lean, dried meat that's crushed into powder and mixed with hot, rendered fat. You can even add dried fruit for taste, and the best part is just a handful will sustain a full-grown man all day long - even while working. This makes it a great food to have in an emergency.

    That's Why We're Giving You This DIY Video Guide Absolutely Free. (It Only Takes A Few Minutes)

    Over 23 Million Patriots Have Already Seen It.

    Giving you a quick, easy way to make your own life-saving pemmican, ready for when you need it.

    Survival Things Our Great Grandfathers Did Or Built Around The House!Click Here To Discover More.

    Some are even making pemmican every weekend! We've even received complaint letters, all because our followers' kids won't stop begging for it.

    But unfortunately, we can't keep this free content up for long. Pretty soon we'll have to pull the plug...

    And we're not giving this away to just anybody...

    We're Giving It to our loyal readers.

    So Check Out Your Free DIY Video Guide Today Before you miss out!

    To always staying prepared,

    Claude Davis.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...