Thursday 3 July 2014

Make-up: Getting Started series

Hello and happy Thursday, Beauty Addicts & Enthusiasts!

Some of my pals have been asking for tips or recommendations for what's worth the money, where you really "must have" something and when you can just short cut it. So if I had to work out of one make-up bag for the rest of the year (*shudder*) I guess these would be my picks:
          
  1. Primer
  2. Base
  3. Concealer
  4. Eyebrows!!!
  5. Eyeliner
  6. Mascara
  7. Highlighter
  8. Bronzer
  9. Blush
  10. Lips
This would be the absolute minimum bag for me - and to be honest I'd probably have to stuff at least six different eyeshadows in there too, but I'm trying really hard to keep this as back to basics. 

The piccie above is my current make-up bag, but I've left my bronzer in my mum's car and included some eyeshadows (anyone who knows me simply wouldn't believe I wasn't carting around 12 shadows)!

So I guess the next question is where you should spend your money and where you can economise - or indeed just find excellent little bargains on the high street rather than having to go to high end brands for everything. Note: it's not always a case of more is more when it comes to price tags! :)

I'd say spend money on your skin care, concealer, mascara and bronzer. Note: darker skin toned lovelies, do not assume that bronzer isn't going to be really great on your skin tone too, more likely you'll just have very similar issues to us pale and interesting types when it comes to finding the right colour. We. Do. Not. Want. ORANGE!!!!
Chanel Tan de Soleil (birthday treat to myself on Boots points - £31, but HUUUGE!!)
Over the course of the next week or so I'll be publishing guides to all the above items, with high end and budget buys that are currently in circulation within my make-up bag so you'll know I'm putting my money where my mouth is. I hope you find it helpful, pop any questions below!!

'Til next time kitty cats

xx Josephine xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...