Monday 18 August 2014

Summer Survivors - favourite products for summer skin

Hail Evil Queens,

As promised, this post will go through summer skin care - apologies in advance for the French pharmacy theme here. Essentially since a trip in March where I came back with a suitcase which weighed as much as lead, I've been in French product heaven. But all of the products are available in either good independent pharmacies here in the UK, or online.

Cleansers

For an in shower cleanser, I massage on an oil cleanser while waiting for the water to warm up and just rinse off.
The DHC Deep Cleansing Oil from the Glamour edit beauty box is lovely. It's olive oil based, so while it seems wrong that it's so expensive, I have to say it's really effective. I'd previously tried the Clarins oil which was fine, but didn't rinse as well as the DHC formula seems to.

If in a pinch, some cotton wool and Bioderma is a life safer - easily dealing with even the heaviest of make-up looks. It's a micellar cleansing water, which means there are tiny particles of oil in the water. It feels like water on the skin, leaves no residue but tackles all make-up effectively.

There are a lot of micellar cleansing waters on the market now and Bioderma can be really expensive in the UK. The best one I've tried so far is from Kiko cosmetics which is about £7 but has a nifty dispensing pump built in.

Facial moisturisers

Working in an air conditioned office I find that my skin gets parched - not to mention what will happen once I hit the sunshine!! So I use a facial oil plus a moisturiser most days - I use the oil in the morning.

I've used the Liz Earle superskin concentrate in the past, which was lovely but didn't sink in as well as the Prai, pictured. I still use Liz Earle in the evening sometimes as the scent is beautiful.

For a moisturiser I'm using Embryolisse Lait-Creme Concentre, which isn't disruptive to my face base. On holidays I'll be toting the Avene Skin Recovery cream - good news, this is available at Boots!

Body moisturiser


My go to everyday lotion is Garnier Intensive 7 Days lotion for dry skin (the one with mango oil) but sometimes you want to use something a little more indulgent. I picked up this Lierac Eau Sensorielle in Paris for about £15 and it smells of white flowers while offering light moisturisation - I usually just use that on arms and décolletage. Those who don't generally enjoy white flower scents should best avoid, although it's very subtle compared to something such as Pure Poison.

What are your go to summer skin care saviours? Let me know in the comments or on Twitter / Instagram.

Til next time kitty kats

xx Josephine xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...