Saturday 2 August 2014

FOTD: RuPaul DragRace Inspired Colourful Cut Crease

Happy Saturday Beauty addicts!

While we all love to find a natural and pretty look - a la the eyeshadow quad in my last post, it has to be said that I adore nothing more than the transformation of drag make-up and the explosion of colour that usually ensues. Obviously not for everyday wear (least of all for the exciting accountants amongst our number!) I do love playing around with bold looks.

When I got the e-mail from Netflix announcing the launch of RuPaul's Drag Race Season 6, I literally squealed with joy.


To create this look, I used a dark blue eyeliner to draw on a fake crease above my natural one and a second line under my bottom lash line. I filled in the lid with a bright pink, shimmer eyeshadow and blended out the eyeliner with a lilac metallic shade before going over it with a blue violet shadow from MUA (£1!).

I drew a really thick winged liner - overdrawing at both the inner and outer corners, before shading my tear duct with shimmery white shadow. Finally I used MUA glitter cream in violet, pink and lilac to emphasise the crease, lower outer edge and tear duct respectively.

I made the eyes more dramatic by blending additional pink and violet shadows at the outer edge, finishing off with a slick of pink liquid lipstick - oh, and my blue wig ;)

What do you guys and gals think? Does drag-style make-up make you a little more inclined to incorporate some additional colour in your day to day looks? Let me know in the comments below, on Twitter or Instagram.

Til next time kitty kats - have a great weekend, with lots of love, hugs and lipstick smudges

xx Josephine xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...