Sunday 24 August 2014

In my make-up bag: Day to Night make-up

Greetings beauty addicts,

For any girl with weeknight plans it can be a challenge to go from desk to dance floor without carrying a suitcase of products around all day, so here are a few key items I regularly use.

For daytime I like to use a foundation with decent coverage in a tone which matches my skin. I've got bad under eye circles so I also use a peachy toned concealer (Illamasqua Skin Base Lift - Light 1) and set with a light dusting of powder. A duo fibre brush gives a more natural finish.


For eyes, I usually have a few colours around my make-up bag so that I can change up my look if I like, either through changing plans or boredom with the look I pick in the morning.

Recently I've been liking MAC's Vex and Shale for a natural daytime look which has a slight pinkish / purple tone. However if I want something a little more impactful I'll use Satin Taupe. I've also got Sumptuous Olive in this quad, but I've not used that too much in the day time.


Finishing off, we have liner and mascara - L'Oreal's super liner in Black Mat-ic is really black but also blends easily so I'm using this and setting with a dark shadow at the moment. The No7 mascara was in circulation at the time of photographing, but I'm currently using and loving Masquara from Illamasqua.

Magnifibres is something I discovered in the Glamour beauty box and which I think is cracking for a day to night look…apply over one coat of wet mascara and then top with second coat for a lovely false lash effect. Eyebrows are currently Vehement brow cake from Illamasqua….brand crush anyone?

Finally, BeneFit's Coralista blush is a suits all shade that's great for summer skin as the coral shade won't pick up on any accidental lobster tones from over doing it in the sun.

I keep lips natural and just use some balm during the day - but you can top off with your favourite lippie or gloss to add a bit more oomph in the evening.

What's your killer day to night tip or trick? Mine has to be up the ante on the eyeliner and add a little something on the lips - I also sometimes add bronzer or a darker foundation shade in the winter to counteract the NI-pallor!

I owe you all a bit of a tutorial again soon…I will work on both that and the video attempts (I am listening to feedback but also learning as I go!)

Love, hugs and kitten kisses

xx Josephine xx

Twitter: @JoJoSparklesNI
Instagram: @JosephineSparklesNI

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...