Sunday 7 December 2014

Blogmas 2014: #7 Lips to last through your cocoa (or mulled wine)

Hey ladies, lucky number 7...

No-one wants to be caught out with a smear of lippie across your teeth while talking to the cute guy from [sales/accounts/across the floor] in the vicinity of the mistletoe - but similarly long wear lipsticks can be slightly drying. That's where a glossy stain can come in to be your new BFF.

These products offer some of the pigment of a lipstick, the shine of a gloss but with the added benefit of a staining function which will ensure you still have a hint of colour after dinner when the dance floor time comes.

I've got the L'Oreal and Maybelline versions of these products but really like the Revlon Colorstay Moisture Stain. There's a decent range of colours that actually look pretty wearable (the Barbie pink LA shade probably isn't going to do my non-whitened teeth any favours but I'd give the rest of the pinkish shades a bash)…

Unsurprisingly, the pink and plum shade swatched above stained noticeably, while the gold shade didn't. Nevertheless, the variation in staining should be noted as being shade specific. Also once it was reduced to a stain rather than a gloss there was less discernible difference between 005 and 015, above.

I think the London (gold) shade could go really nicely over a nude lip, or potentially a darker berry / brown shade to make a pretty autumn lip.

Not a colour combo for me, but I loved both the Barcelona and Paris options. They were sold out the day I visited my local Superdrug but I shall be returning to pick them up because the texture and staining power was really nice from the testers I swatched.

What's your thoughts on jelly / gloss stains?

Til tomorrow kitty kats, sleep well and don't get the Sunday blues too bad

xx Josephine xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...