Saturday 16 December 2017

Countdown to Christmas - Day 16: Percy & Reed Session Hold Hairspray

Percy & Reed Session Hold Hairspray
(M&S Beauty Advent Calendar 2017)
Morning Sparkles

Following on from a restorative night's sleep, I'll be travelling home for birthday celebrations with the little prince this weekend.

Hopefully today's offering - another rummage into the back of the Christmas town jobbie - will help keep my tresses somewhat tamed in transit.

The full size is £12, with this mini retailing at £5. QVC appear to have two full sized sprays for £19 though, so if you love it I'd go for that deal.

I think this is quite expensive given that I typically use the industrial sized bottles of Tresemme, which act like aerosolised superglue and keep my determinedly straight-ish hair in curls all day with a liberal application.

Full disclosure: as you may have guessed I am not a lady bothered by her hair having the texture of plastic spaghetti in the interests of a style staying in place. All due respect to Elnett, but if my hair is moving I just won't trust that it wouldn't creep out of the desired style within 5 minutes of sweaty headed dancing in a club, or running slightly late for a flight.

This is a "reassuringly firm" hold hairspray, so I'm pretty sure some crunch will come with use, however the tip on the back does note that a softer finish can be achieved by applying to a brush and then styling softly. Perhaps a two for one?

How do you like your hairspray - soft hold or superglue crunch tactic?

Christmas kisses and wishes

xx Josephine xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...